Advertorial theme LP’s must have the following disclosures:
- The term “ADVERTISEMENT” appears clearly and conspicuously at the top center in a manner unblocked by pop-up notices. This term shall be in capital letters, the font no less than 14 point size or 19 pixels, the color contrast ratio no less than 4.5* according to the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) section 1.4.3.
- The phrase “THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT AND NOT AN ACTUAL NEWS ARTICLE, BLOG, OR CONSUMER PROTECTION UPDATE.” appears clearly and conspicuously at the beginning of any disclosures at the bottom of the advertisement (or, in the absence of any disclosures, at the bottom of the advertisement alone). This phrase shall be in capital letters, the font no less than 20 point size or 27 pixels, the color contrast ratio no less than 4:5* according to the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) section 1.4.3.
Color contrast ratio can be tested using this tool by placing the Hex codes of the colors used in the box: http://snook.ca/technical/colour_contrast/colour.html
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad denial: Ads that don't follow this policy may get denied. A denied ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with Perform[cb] until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact our support team here.