Perform[cb] does not allow the following elements on any claims relating to a dietary supplement, food, or drug involving weight loss:
- Any claim that is not substantiated through two independent randomized placebo-controlled human clinical studies that conform to acceptable designs and protocols.
- Testimonials (including endorsements, before and after images and other depictions of a person having used a product or service) that have been flagged will be required to be verified through a link on the landing page to a copy of the affidavit or release by the person providing the testimonial or to a third party verification service such as Verified Credible.
- Any claims made in any form including through ad text, images, calls to action, product labels, testimonials, endorsements, first person descriptions and before and after images, without a disclaimer in 8 pt font or 11 pixels, 4:5 contrast ratio, clearly and conspicuously in close proximity to each claim, stating, “Paid Endorsement [if applicable]; Results Not Typical; Typically reported results are _________ with diet and exercise.”
- Any claims not including the following disclosure clearly and conspicuously presented, in 12 pt font or 16 pixels, 4:5 contrast ratio, stating: "Representations regarding the efficacy and safety of [product name] have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products. These products are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease. Two human clinical trials suggest that ingestion of [substantiated ingredient] can lead to a reduction in weight or body fat, copies of which may be found here: [link out to trials / or cite to trials and where they may be found]. It is recommended that users follow a strict diet and exercise regimen to achieve weight loss results."
- Any weight loss claims related to taking a combination of ingredients or products that is not substantiated through two independent randomized placebo controlled human clinical studies which evaluate the combination.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad denial: Ads that don't follow this policy may get denied. A denied ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with Perform[cb] until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact our support team here.